Sunday, February 22, 2015

Meal prep=deal kept

I made it through the first week of 21 day fix extreme! 

Well, the workouts at least. I'm pretty pleased with that because I honestly thought I was too delicate for an extreme workout. Turns out I can hang with the extreme crowd...with some modifications. :)

Where I definitely fell short was the meal plan. I planned, I bought what I needed, and then I half prepped. I told myself I'd finish the prepping in a day or two. Turns out I am NOT the clean eating version of Betty Crocker, able to cook meals fresh every day, stay on track, and parent an active toddler. I was a tad optimistic about my multitasking skills. By tad, I mean the difference between eating clean/mostly following the meal plan and sticking to the meal plan and conquering it.

I want to end week 2 feeling like I conquered it- which I will because I spent all afternoon prepping for success.

Meal planning is great but meal prepping takes your plan and sets it in action. Life always has a way of surprising you and this helps keep those surprises from getting in the way of your meal plan.

Full disclosure: halfway through, I was over slicing sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, packing things, measuring things, and then there was THE MESS. But I knew WHY I was doing this. I knew the benefits. I finished, I cleaned up my mess, and it's done for the week!

We ate dinner and because I already cleaned up the main mess of cooking things, I had enough time to have a dance party with Landon. I can enjoy a cup of tea tonight not stressed over the mountain of dishes.
Why aren't we all meal prepping every week?! 
It saves money, makes us less wasteful, keeps us on track of what we want to be fueling our body with, and gives us more time with the ones we love during the week since we don't have to cook for at least an hour or feel guilty about cheating in the name of sacrifice.

So bring it on week 2! Me and my meal prep are waiting for you!







No comments:

Post a Comment