Friday, February 6, 2015

do you need a challenge?

While waiting on my 21 Day Fix extreme to arrive, I am continuing on my 5th or 6th round of 21 Day Fix. I've done it so many times I've lost count. Now, don't feel bad for me, I LOVE the program. Its what kick started my journey in the right direction to a healthier lifestyle.

But doing these workouts time and time again, I've noticed something. The workouts that used to leave me drenched with sweat and out of breath now leave me a little sweaty and kind of sore after.
That means I've made progress! That's awesome, right?
Yup.

But those are also signs that I am ready for a new challenge. I've probably been ready for over a month. I was too afraid to push myself harder though, thinking, "I'm not really THAT kind of fit where I can handle that."
Self doubt almost kept me from pushing forward and growing…almost.

Recognizing this, I bought the 21 Day Fix extreme. I may have to use the modifier. I will have to give up my beloved sweet treats for 21 days. But I CAN do it. And I will.
Even if I have to use that modifier every single day for the first round, that's okay. I'm still doing a program thats challenging me and I will get there.

How often do we run away from challenges because we doubt ourselves?
I can never be skinny like that.
I can never be independent like that.
I can never be that kind of mom or friend or wife.
I can never cook like that.

This list can go on and on, you get the point.
When we speak to ourselves like this, we are being our own worst enemy. We aren't being realistic, we are being limited and hateful towards ourselves.

So today, when you find yourself wishing you were healthier, or more organized, more loving, a better listener, more fit. Sit down and make it your goal to become that. 
Welcome the challenge. 
Love yourself enough to know that you CAN achieve those goals and go about conquering them.
You will be so glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment